Grew-on sentence example
- But even in this crowning triumph the cramping egotism of his nature - a mental vice which now grew on him rapidly - fatally narrowed his outlook and led him to commit an irretrievable blunder.
- Whatever grew on that tree was thought to be a gift from heaven, more especially the mistletoe.
- The hay and forage crop of 1899 (exclusive of corn-stalks) grew on 374,848 acres.
- Whatever grew on that tree was thoughtto be a gift from heaven, more especially the mistletoe.
- Most of the pine that formerly grew on the Archean at the northern fringe of the settlements has been cut, but the lumberman is still advancing northwards and approaching the northern limit of the famous Canadian white pine forests, beyond which spruces, tamarack (larch) and poplar are the prevalent trees.Advertisement
- His sword lowered as the time grew on.
- Her stomach churned as the day grew on.
- The golden apples grew on a tree guarded by Ladon, the everwatchful dragon.
- It may be conjectured that the Pineta grew on a large peninsula somewhat resembling the Lida of Venice.
- So all that year not a blade of corn grew on the earth, and men would have died of hunger if Zeus had not persuaded Pluto to let Proserpine go.Advertisement