Grenfell sentence example
- Later works include The South African Forces in France (1920), and a biography of Francis and Riversdale Grenfell (1920) .
- Grenfell, M.P., with the object of reintroducing this fish into the river, and in April 1901 and on subsequent occasions a number of young salmon were placed at Teddington by way of experiment.
- To this section belongs also the Fayum Gospel Fragment and the Logia published by Grenfell and Hunt.'
- TheLogia is the name given to the sayings contained in a papyrus leaf, by its discoverers Grenfell and Hunt.
- Grenfell was created a peer.Advertisement
- Grenfell and Hunt conclude therefore - " So great indeed are the divergences between this account and the extant and no doubt well-informed authorities with regard to the topography and ritual of the Temple that it is hardly possible to avoid the conclusion that much of the local colour is due to the imagination of the author who was aiming chiefly at dramatic effect and was not really well acquainted with the Temple.
- In 1844 he married Fanny, daughter of Pascoe Grenfell, and in 1848 he published his first volume, The Saint's Tragedy.
- He left Cameroon in 1876, the year before George Grenfell, afterwards famous for his work on the Congo, came to the country, where he remained three years.
- Colonel Sir Francis Grenfell succeeded General Sir Evelyn Wood in March 1885, and while under his command the army continued to improve, and fought successful actions at Gemaiza, Argin, Toski and Tokar.
- In March 1892 Colonel Kitchener succeeded General Sir Francis Grenfell, and four years later began his successful reconquest of the Sudan.Advertisement
- Kitchener, who succeeded Sir Francis Grenfell as sirdar of the Egyptian.
- For a new fragment of this work see Oxyrhynchus Papyri (Grenfell and Hunt), iii.
- In the hill on the opposite side of the river are tombs of the VIth to XIIth dynasties, opened by Lord Grenfell in 1885-1886.
- For this heroic deed, Grenfell received the Victoria Cross.
- It appeared to emanate from Mrs Grenfell but in the gloomy half-light, no-one was quite sure.Advertisement
- Grenfell and Hunt date the Gospel, from which it is an excerpt, about 200.