Gregory xiii sentence example
- Jesuit missionaries established themselves on the spot; and in 1580 Gregory XIII.
- It was a trifling set-off that in 1567 the pope again enjoined the fathers to keep choir and to admit only the professed to priests' orders, especially as Gregory XIII.
- In Order To Restore The Equinox To Its Former Place, Pope Gregory Xiii.
- Yet the Spanish people honoured him as a saint; Gregory XIII.
- This universal outburst of energy for the restoration of Catholicism, which only came to a standstill in the middle of the 17th century, found one of its Gregory most zealous promotors in Ugo BoncompagniXIII., Pope Gregory XIII.Advertisement
- To this Baius submitted; though certain indiscreet utterances on the part of himself and his supporters led to a renewal of the condemnation in 1579 by Gregory XIII.
- In 1326 Gregoras proposed (in a still extant treatise) certain reforms in the calendar, which the emperor refused to carry out for fear of disturbances; nearly two hundred years later they were introduced by Gregory XIII.
- On his return to Rome in 1576 he was chosen by Gregory XIII.
- Though we find in the 15th « century, for example, at the council of Basel the The Corpus juris expression corpus juris, obviously suggested by the Corpus juris civilis, not even the official edition of Gregory XIII.
- The latent hostility of the old order was aroused; the general ordered the immediate suppression of the house at Seville, and procured a bull from Gregory XIII.Advertisement
- Muretus, however, who about 1576 had taken holy orders, was induced by the liberality of Gregory XIII.