Gregory of nyssa sentence example
gregory of nyssa
- From Alexandria we get Athanasius, Didymus and Cyril; from Cyrene, Synesius; from Antioch, Theodore of Mopsuestia, John Chrysostom and Theodoret; from Palestine, Eusebius of Caesarea and Cyril of Jerusalem; from Cappadocia, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa and Gregory of Nazianzus.
- This was the phrase of Gregory of Nyssa.
- Already in the 4th century we find reference to stone altars in the writings of Gregory of Nyssa.
- If we could believe the fathers of the 5th and succeeding centuries Nicene orthodoxy prevailed in their country from the first; and in the 5th century they certainly chose for translation the works of orthodox fathers alone, such as Chrysostom, Basil, Gregory of Nyssa and Gregory Nazianzen, Cyril of Jerusalem and Cyril of Alexandria, Athanasius, Julius of Rome, Hippolytus, Irenaeus, avoiding Origen and other fathers who were becoming suspect.
- A second apology, written before 379 (`Tirp d7roXoylas airoXoyia), exists only in the quotations given from it in a refutation by Gregory of Nyssa.Advertisement
- He left a large number of writings, which cannot of course be compared with those of an Origen, a Basil, or a Gregory of Nyssa.