Gregor sentence example
- The next group of Hungarian dramatists is dominated by the master spirit of Gregor Csiky.
- Its discovery as an element was due to William Gregor in 1789 who found in the mineral ilmenite or menachinite a new earth, which was regarded as the oxide of a new metal, menachin.
- Independently of him Klaproth in 1793 discovered a new metal in rutile, and called it titanium; he subsequently found that it was identical with Gregor's element.
- The researches of Gregor Johann Mendel (1822-1884), abbot of the Augustinian monastery at Briinn, in connexion with peas and other plants, apparently indicate that there is a definite natural law at work in the production of hybrids.
- Histoire des institutions politiques et administratives de la France (Paris, 1898); Ibach, Der Kampf zwischen Papsttum and Kbnigtum von Gregor VII.Advertisement
- Earlier in the day Gregor Tait won Scotland's third gold medal in the 200m backstroke.
- Britain's Gregor Tait celebrated his 25th birthday in style on 20 April by winning gold in the men's 100m backstroke.
- All he could do was cross strains of wheat, much in the same fashion as Gregor Mendel did in the 1800s.
- I mentioned Gregor Mendel, known as the father of genetics.
- The Underland Chronicles series by Suzanne Collins begins with Gregor the Overlander, an adventure book about a boy who wanders through an inner-city underground world.Advertisement