Greenshank sentence example
- To the latter belong the Greenshank and Redshank, as well as the Common Sandpiper, the " Summer-Snipe " above-mentioned, a bird hardly exceeding a skylark in size, and of very general distribution throughout the British Islands, but chiefly frequenting clear streams, especially those with a gravelly or rocky bottom, and mast generally breeding on the beds of sand or shingle on their banks.
- GREENSHANK, one of the largest of the birds commonly known as sandpipers, the Tetanus glottis of most ornithological writers.
- The greenshank is a native of the northern parts of the Old World, but in winter it wanders far to the south, and occurs regularly at the Cape of Good Hope, in India and thence throughout the Indo-Malay Archipelago to Australia.
- melanoleucus, there called willets, telltales or tattlers, which in general habits resemble the greenshank of the Old World.
- common in all suitable habitats Greenshank 1 or 2 at Cabo de Gata, 1 at Las Norias.Advertisement
- Waders present included greenshank, green and wood sandpiper and snipe as well as eight black-tailed godwits on the ARC pit.
- This is the first wintering greenshank for at least six years.
- We stopped at the swallow hole as we left the plateau and saw a single greenshank there.
- The shallow water and islands are attractive to wading birds on migration, such as greenshank, spotted redshank and green sandpiper.
- Two ponds attract wild fowl and migrating waders including shelduck, greenshank and sandpiper.Advertisement
- A small lake attracted a number of birds including Little Gulls, Greenshank and our first whimbrel of the trip.
- A small lake attracted a number of birds including Little Gulls, Greenshank and our first Whimbrel of the trip.