Greenlanders sentence example
- In addition the Greenlanders are allowed to order goods from private dealers.
- Out of the payment five-sixths are given to the sellers, and onesixth devoted to the Greenlanders' public fund, spent in " public works," in charity, and on other unforeseen contingencies.
- Greenland, like Iceland, had a republican organization up to the years 1247 to 1261, when the Greenlanders were induced to swear allegiance to the king of Norway.
- He was most successful in his translation of popular song, in which he shows a rare sympathetic insight into the various feelings and ideas of peoples as unlike as Greenlanders and Spaniards, Indians and Scots.
- He immediately saw in Leif a likely aid in the conversion of the Greenlanders.Advertisement
- The fact that his successor as bishop was appointed in 1123 would seem to indicate that the Greenlanders had information that Eric had perished.
- The object of the monopoly is solely for the good of the Greenlanders - to prevent spirits being sold to them, and the vice,.
- These people are at any rate above the Greenlanders, but are surpassed by the Algonkins described by Nicholas Perrot in 1700, and by the Iroquois, whom the heroic Father Brebeuf (1J93-1649) learned to know so we11.3 The earth-maker of the former was called Michabo, i.e.