Greengrocer sentence example
- Although most major cities now have at least one "gourmet" market that sells high-end, hard to find edibles, Balducci's was the first New York City company to have a greengrocer, fishmonger, butcher and delicatessen all under the same roof.
- Born at Gnosall near Stafford in 1790, by 1814 he was running a greengrocer 's shop in Dudley Street, Wolverhampton.
- Her father owned a greengrocer 's shop in Grantham, Leicestershire, England.
- How to survive them all By Diane MacDonald Y ou can probably remember visiting the greengrocer with your mom when you were four.
- If you fight all the way you will become the most famous greengrocer in the country.Advertisement
- But it lacks important core shops and services, such as baker, butcher, specialist greengrocer, hardware store and bank.
- From a greengrocer he learnt arithmetic; and higher branches were begun under one of those wandering scholars who gained a livelihood by cures for the sick and lessons for the young.
- Stuff was delivered; we had a greengrocer who visited once a week; he came round.
- The mobile greengrocer left a note blaming his death on us, his customers, for not settling our bills quickly enough.
- Sticklers for correct punctuation were rejoicing today after a government body declared war on the greengrocer's apostrophe.Advertisement