Green-belt sentence example
- Throughout its course from its confluence with the Arghandab to the ford of Chahar Burjak, where it bends northward, the Helmund valley is a narrow green belt of fertility sunk in the midst of a wide alluvial desert, with many thriving villages interspersed amongst the remains of ancient cities, relics of Kaiani rule.
- We'll stop the destruction of green belt I mentioned earlier.
- Page 23 Monitoring 9 Percent of Green Belt land area not built-up.
- The proposed deletions from the existing Green Belt only total some 4 hectares and thus will not diminish its strategic value.
- David (Lord) Sainsbury recommended that the council should ignore the green belt designation ' in the national interest ' .Advertisement
- The planning appeal was withdrawn this week; the land is now green belt making any future development improbable.
- In 1997 the " green belt " was further strengthened when Mid Sussex District Council purchased another 30 acres of open meadowland.
- The primary function of the Green Belt is to check unrestricted sprawl.
- Instead we will safeguard and expand the green belt around towns and villages to stop urban sprawl.
- By acting to check urban sprawl, Green Belt protects the countryside and prevents neighboring built-up areas merging into one another.Advertisement
- Veteran sprint racer Jackson, one of Green Belt MC 's vice-presidents, only missed out on winning his class by 0.3sec.
- The proposed site would cover acres of green belt land close to Girton, a village on the northern outskirts of Cambridge.
- In the 1960s, this group of scouts wore a green dress with a yellow tie and darker green belt.