Greek-system sentence example
- This formation of the Greek system (25) is only an inference from the facts yet known, for we have not sufficient information to prove it, though it seems much the simplest and most likely history.
- The Greek system was --
- Other weights were added to these from the Greek system --
- The earliest Greek system of notation was similar to the Roman, except that the symbols for 50, 500, &c., were more complicated.
- For the latter, and for systems of notation, reference may also be made to Peacock's article " Arithmetic " in the Encyclopaedia Metropolitana, which contains a detailed account of the Greek system.Advertisement
- Campus life - Are you looking to get involved with student government, the Greek system or a community service group?
- Fraternities and sororities are commonly referred to as the Greek system because the vast majority of their names contain Greek letters.
- Skeptics of the Greek system often refer to the practice of paying dues to join a group as "buying your friends."