Graving dock sentence example
- In 1880 the graving dock accommodation consisted of one double dock at the extremity of Dockyard creek, known as Nos.
- The town possesses a pier and important dock accommodation, including a graving-dock 600 ft.
- There are also ten private graving and floating docks and one public graving dock.
- The provision of a new graving dock adjoining the Alexandra was delayed in October 1905 by a subsidence of the ground during its construction.
- Parliamentary powers were obtained to construct a graving dock capable of accommodating the largest class of warships.Advertisement
- In the area enclosed are the Victoria basin, covering 64 acres, the;Alfred basin of 82 acres, a graving dock 529 ft.
- The graving dock made in 1762 was the first dock of the kind in Scotland.
- In 1905 a sixth graving dock was opened, having a length of 8754 ft., and a width of 90 ft.
- A firstclass graving-dock, of which the Admiralty bore half the cost, has also been added.
- The original scheme included a high-level main basin covering an area of 55 ac., with an entrance lock from the fairway, a dry or graving dock 750 ft.Advertisement
- There is wharf accommodation on both banks of the river, a graving dock which can be used by vessels up to 5000 tons, and two patent slips which can take up ships of 1000 and 400 tons respectively.
- The largest ships can enter the harbour, which has a minimum depth of 30 ft.; it has two dry docks, a graving dock and a floating dry dock.
- The port is the most important on the west coast, and accommodates vessels of 3000 tons in a floating dock; there is also a graving dock.
- Graving dock dues, including expenses of removals, cartages, use of shears, stages and graving dock materials, shall be allowed in full.
- Till 1772 the town leased the first harbour (finished in 1710) from Sir John Shaw, the superior, but acquired it in that and the following year, and a graving dock was opened in 1786.Advertisement
- There are several dry docks, of which the Prince of Wales Graving Dock (1858), the largest, measures 370 ft.
- At Ferrybank, on the Kilkenny side of the river, there is a shipbuilding yard with patent slip and graving dock.