Grappa sentence example
- Fortunately, the plans for defence had been well and truly laid by Cadorna in the limited time that was available, and, still more fortunately, his foresight had caused elaborate preparations to be made on Monte Grappa.
- Nor were the numerous gallant attempts to capture the all-important ridge of Monte Tomba-Monfenera, which ran down from the Grappa massif to the Piave, more successful in breaking through the thin Italian lines.
- 21, while he was still hammering against Monte Tomba with his left, and he gained ground to begin with, driving back the Italian outpost lines in the Grappa sector.
- 22 the situation in the Grappa sector had been improved by the arrival in line of the XXVII.
- Conrad and Krauss continued their attempts to break through on the mountain front, but Krauss confined his efforts to the positions west of Monte Grappa and the worrying Solarolo salient.Advertisement
- Between Conrad's two efforts Krauss had made a determined attempt to drive the Italians off the Grappa line.
- The recovery of the Italian army on Monte Grappa and the Piave, after the initial failures and the heart-breaking experiences of the long retreat, was a remarkable feat of courage and will.
- Pudding is served: panna cotta ringed with berries, grappa dissolving into cream.
- If you think all grappa tastes the same think again, this is a wonderful sensory experience.
- grappa moment, but a moment it was.Advertisement
- If you like you can get some grappa to offer your guests at the end of the night.