Grapeshot sentence example
- The effect of artillery cannot be increased by putting squibs into cannon already loaded with grapeshot.
- "Colonel," interrupted the officer of the suite, "You must be quick or the enemy will bring up his guns to use grapeshot."
- Will they get there and fire the bridge or will the French get within grapeshot range and wipe them out?
- "Ugh. The hussars will get it hot!" said Nesvitski; "they are within grapeshot range now."
- "There now!" said the officer of the suite, "that's grapeshot."Advertisement
- The French had time to fire three rounds of grapeshot before the hussars got back to their horses.
- "Was that grapeshot?" he asked Denisov.
- Twice they noticed the French appearing below them, and then they fired grapeshot at them.
- General Campan's division did not seize the first fortification but was driven back, for on emerging from the wood it had to reform under grapeshot, of which Napoleon was unaware.
- "Grapeshot!" the senior shouted, without answering the question, looking over the wall of the trench.Advertisement
- "All with grapeshot!" shouted the officer.