Grant-in-aid sentence example
- This grant is in lieu of the grants formerly made out of the exchequer grant in aid of local rates, and amounted in1906-1907to £619,489.
- There is no public debt, the annual deficiency being made good by a grant-in-aid from the imperial exchequer.
- The number of pupils in private schools under government inspection was in 1898, the first year of the grant-in-aid system, 7536; in 1900, 12,315; in 1905, 145,691.
- The Design Council is funded by grant-in-aid from the Department of Trade & Industry.
- The Council employs approximately 60 members of staff and is responsible for administering Government grant-in-aid of around £ 3.5 million.Advertisement
- It is financed by an annual grant-in-aid from the National Assembly for Wales.
- The Agency plans to raise funds from a mixture of increased charges, external funding and increased grant-in-aid.
- The Council had a small grant-in-aid to enable it to meet the costs of staff restructuring (£ 1.5M in 1998-99 ).
- How SQA is funded SQA receives grant-in-aid from the Scottish Executive.