Granophyre sentence example
- Another granite area appears on the south side of the road between Brodick and Shiskine, where it is associated with granophyre and quartz-diorite and traverses the volcanic vent of post-Cretaceous or Tertiary age already described.
- In pegmatite (graphic granite) and granophyre it often forms a regular intergrowth with felspar.
- F. Magma is intruded into older rocks and crystallizes into a pink igneous rock called granophyre.
- A. The overlying rocks are eroded until the pink granophyre is exposed at the earth's surface.
- Granophyre, because the conglomerate and quartz sandstone lie on top of it and the conglomerate contains some pebbles of granophyre.Advertisement