Gram stain sentence example
- Can be difficult to differentiate pleural empyema from pleural effusion in the absence of a positive Gram stain or bacterial culture.
- The Gram stain is performed on a sediment of the CSF and is positive in at least 60 percent of cases of bacterial meningitis.
- They take on the red color of the counterstain used in the Gram stain procedure.
- The bacterium can be grown on chocolate agar or identified by blood cultures or Gram stain of body fluids.
- The Gram stain procedure allows the identification of purple (gram positive) organisms and red (gram negative) organisms.Advertisement