Gram-negative sentence example
- Other common causative organisms include other Gram-negative aerobes, Streptococcus spp. and anaerobes.
- The causative agent is Aeromonas salmonicida a non-motile, Gram-negative aerobic bacillus, typically 1 µm x 2 µm.
- B. fragilis is a Gram negative short bacillus which demonstrates pleomorphism.
- A fluorescent, Gram-negative bacterium was consistently isolated from diseased tissues onto King's B medium.
- diplococcus shows a large number of Gram-negative diplococci present in a few of the pus cells (polymorph neutrophil leukocytes ).Advertisement
- Predisposing factors: H. pylori infection: A gram negative spiral microaerophilic bacillus specific for human gastric mucosa.
- The slide shows a large number of Gram-negative diplococci present in a few of the pus cells (polymorph neutrophil leukocytes ).
- These organisms include non-hemolytic and alpha-hemolytic streptococci, some Neisseria species, staphylococci, diphtheria and hemophilus organisms, pneumococci, yeasts, and Gram-negative rods.
- Gram-negative organisms are found more frequently in chronic mastoiditis, and in young infants, which may be due to prolonged antibiotic therapy.
- Similarly, infections with a number of gram negative bacteria (such as those in the gastrointestinal tract that can cause infection following aspiration) have a death rate of 25 to 50 percent.Advertisement
- UTIs in men are most likely to be caused by E. coli or another gram-negative bacterium.
- In particular, infants start with antibodies to viruses and gram-positive organisms, but not to gram-negative organisms.
- Gram-negative organisms are responsible for many diseases, including gonorrhea, pertussis (whooping cough), salmonella poisoning, and cholera.
- Escherichia coli (E. coli) is another common gram-negative organism.
- Treatment depends on whether the rot is caused by a gram positive or gram negative bacterial infection, but that's very difficult for the home aquarium buff to determine.Advertisement