Graceless sentence example
- It was in 1173, the year after his return from Ireland and his submission to the papal legates at Avranches, that King Henry became- involved in the first of a series of trouble~ Rebellion which were to pursue him for the rest of his lifethe of ffeniy S rebellions of his graceless sons.
- In our increasingly graceless culture, where can we find the motivation to give?
- He went on television and talked and talked, and ended up saying some rather graceless and foolish things.
- It seems to me that they are so graceless and unbending.
- But their importunity made a hermitage in Paris impossible; a graceless friend even surprised the philosopher in bed at eleven in the morning meditating and taking notes.Advertisement
- Among them were some of those men of mark who made the backbone of the American character: the sturdy Puritan, Peter Bulkeley, sometime rector of Odell in Bedfordshire, and afterward pastor of the church in the wilderness at Concord, New Hampshire; the zealous evangelist, Father Samuel Moody of Agamenticus in Maine, who pursued graceless sinners even into the alehouse; Joseph Emerson of Malden, "a heroic scholar," who prayed every night that no descendant of his might ever be rich; and William Emerson of Concord, Mass., the patriot preacher, who died while serving in the army of the Revolution.