Gorm sentence example
- The Muilrea and Ben Gorm range, bounding the fine fjord of Killary Harbour, is formed of terraced Silurian rocks, from Bala to Ludlow age.
- The Saxons had been slowly reconquering the lost ground, and now Henry, advancing with his victorious army into Jutland, forced Gorm, the Danish king, to become his vassal and regained the land between the Eider and the Schlei.
- Hardecnuth Urm is to be identified with the famous Gorm the old, who married Thyra Danmarkarbot: their son was Harold Bluetooth.
- An interesting example of the great timber-chambered barrow is that at Jelling in Jutland, known as the barrow of Thyre Danebod, queen of King Gorm the Old, who died about the middle of the 10th century.
- So it appears in the history given by Saxo Grammaticus of the voyage to Bjarmaland of one " Gorm the old."Advertisement
- Towards the west end is Eilean Gorm (the green isle), and near the north-western shore are the falls of Ledard.
- Cairn Gorm weather station Heriot-Watt maintain a weather station on the top of cairn Gorm weather station Heriot-Watt maintain a weather station on the top of Cairn Gorm.
- Ms Diack said: " take cairngorm for example; the Gaelic is An Carn Gorm and this means the Blue Mountain.
- Simple: it puts on an exhibition at the day lodge on the Cairn Gorm funicular.
- muons detected at the top of Cairn Gorm with the number at sea-level.Advertisement
- I vividly remember seeing oily black stains on Cairn Gorm's snow.
- It is highly illustrative of the tenacity with which the ancient sepulchral usages were retained even after the introduction of Christianity that King Harold, son and successor of Gorm the Old, who is said to have christianized all Denmark and Norway, followed the pagan custom of erecting a chambered tumulus over the remains of his father, on the summit of which was placed a rude pillar-stone, bearing on one side the memorial inscription in runes, and on the other a representation of the Saviour of mankind distinguished by the crossed nimbus surrounding the head.
- I vividly remember seeing oily black stains on Cairn Gorm 's snow.