Gorgons sentence example
- According to Pindar, she imitated on the flute the dismal wail of the two surviving Gorgons after the death of Medusa.
- The selection of three as their number has been supposed to refer to the most ancient division of the year into spring, summer and winter, but it is probably only another instance of the Greek liking for that particular number or its multiples in such connexions (three Moerae, Charites, Gorgons, nine Muses).
- Polites ('O irepi riav Popyovwv plhos irapa rci 'EXX vucw Xaci., 1878) gives an account of the Gorgons, and of the various superstitions connected with them, from the modern Greek point of view, which regards them as malevolent spirits of the sea.
- Various accounts of the Gorgons were given by later ancient writers.
- To find the way to the Gorgons lair, Perseus had to approach the Graeae.Advertisement
- The mythological enemies include Cyclops, gorgons, minotaurs, undead warriors, and winged harpies.
- From the beginning, the action is continuous as you battle numerous mythical monsters including Cyclops, Gorgons, Harpies and Wraiths.
- Hesiod increases the number of Gorgons to threeStheno (the mighty), Euryale (the far-springer) and Medusa (the queen), and makes them the daughters of the sea-god Phorcys and of Keto.
- The Gorgons are represented as winged creatures, having the form of young women; their hair consists of snakes; they are round-faced, flat-nosed, with tongues lolling out and large projecting teeth.