Gondolas sentence example
- Both areas are reached by gondolas from either end of the village, which are in turn linked by a regular ski bus service.
- They looked like hot-air balloonists ' gondolas and burned brilliantly because they were usually impregnated with years ' worth of factory grease and oil.
- As such, it uses chairlifts, surface lifts and gondolas to transport skiers to various parts of the mountain.
- As its name implies, the heli skiing terrain is accessed by helicopter, as opposed to chairlifts or gondolas.
- Italy: Whether immersed in history in Rome, the unique medieval atmosphere of Florence, or the famous gondolas of Venice, these Italian cities are magical for honeymooners.Advertisement
- The characteristic conveyances on the canals of Venice - which take the place of cabs in other cities - are the gondolas, flat-bottomed boats, some 3 o ft.
- There is a low cabin (felze) for passengers; the ordinary gondolas can take four or six persons, and larger ones (barca or battello) take eight.
- Gondolas are mentioned as far back as 1094, and, prior to a sumptuary edict passed by the great council in the 16th century, making black their compulsory colour, they were very different in appearance from now.