Gondii sentence example
- Toxoplasmosis toxoplasmosis Toxoplasmosis gondii is a protozoa parasite that may causes infection in the brain.
- Toxoplasmosis Toxoplasmosis gondii is a protozoa parasite that may causes infection in the brain.
- Toxoplasmosis is caused by Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that can be acquired by the mother from handling cat feces, drinking unpasteurized milk, or eating contaminated meat.
- Toxoplasmosis is an infectious disease caused by the one-celled parasitic organism Toxoplasma gondii.
- Toxoplasmosis is caused by a one-celled parasite Toxoplasma gondii.Advertisement
- T. gondii infection of a fetus or newborn can also cause severe neurological impairment, blindness, mental retardation, and death.
- Cats, the primary carriers of the organism, become infected by eating rodents and birds infected with T. gondii.
- In the United States, approximately 50 percent of cats have been infected with T. gondii.
- The second way humans become infected with T. gondii is through eating raw or undercooked meat.
- Men and women of all races are equally affected by T. gondii, however, except for immunocompromised individuals, the implications are more serious for women, as they can pass the infection on to their offspring.Advertisement
- Blood tests for toxoplasmosis are designed to detect increased amounts of a protein or antibody produced in response to infection with T. gondii.
- There are no drugs that can eliminate T. gondii cysts in animal or human tissues.
- Toxoplasmosis-A parasitic infection caused by the intracellular protozoan Toxoplasmosis gondii.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables can be contaminated with a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii.