Gonadal sentence example
- Subsequently, however, researchers concluded that the rare recurrence of OI to a couple with a child with autosomal dominant OI is more likely due to gonadal mosaicism.
- An estimated 2 percent to 4 percent of families into which an infant with OI type II is born are at risk of having another affected child because of gonadal mosaicism.
- The pituitary hormones are the same for males and females, but the gonadal hormones are different.
- Normal gonadal function is required for normal male development of the genital tract and for maintenance of some elements of male sexual behavior.
- Replacement with testosterone prevents these changes, suggesting that an intact male gonadal system is required to maintain sexual function.Advertisement