Golden-plover sentence example
- Those of the redshank, of the golden plover (to a small extent), and enormous numbers of those of the black-headed gull, and in certain places of some of the terns, are, however, sold as lapwings', having a certain similarity of shell to the latter, and a difference of flavour only to be detected by a fine palate.
- There are various kinds of ploversthe blackheaded species (Pluvianus Aegyplius) is most numerous in Upper Egypt; the golden plover and the white-tailed species are found Chiefly in the Delta.
- Characteristic types common to the whole country are the teal, snipe, golden plover and wagtail.
- On the large estates, management of the heather for grouse helps to conserve wild birds including the golden plover.
- The open field pattern to the north is an important site for wintering golden plover.Advertisement
- The Bill area produced 28 song thrushes, 3 Snipe, 2 Fieldfares, a Lapwing, a Golden Plover and a Redwing.
- The Bill area produced 28 Song Thrushes, 3 Snipe, 2 Fieldfares, a Lapwing, a Golden Plover and a Redwing.