Golden-opportunity sentence example
- The clear starlight nights offer a golden opportunity to look at the amazing Cosmos.
- Ideally, your closest friends appreciate wine as much as you, but don't hesitate to invite someone who doesn't care for wine; this may be a golden opportunity to bring the Margarita man over to the Shiraz side.
- When they might have won national independence, after their warfare with the Swabian emperors, they let the golden opportunity slip. Pampered with commercial prosperity, eaten to the core with inter-urban rivalries, they submitted to despots, renounced the use of arms, and offered themselves in the hour of need, defenceless and disunited to the shock of puissant nations.
- But Tyrone, who possessed but little generalship, procrastinated until the golden opportunity was lost.
- But the golden opportunity was lost.Advertisement
- The selfishness of the three directors threw away this golden opportunity.
- The Blair government had also spurned a golden opportunity for reform at home, he said.