Golden-eagle sentence example
- Blackbirds and thrushes are not found, nor any species of parrot, but on the other hand, we have the hoopoe (yatsugashira), the red-breast (komadori), the bluebird (run), the wren (miso-sazai), the golden-crested wren (itadaki), the golden-eagle (inu-washi), the finch (hiwa), the longtailed rosefinch (benimashiko), the ouzelbrown (akahara), dusky (tsugumi) and water (kawa-garasu)the kingfisher (kawasems), the crake (kuina) and the tomtit (kara).
- Among birds of prey a bald eagle and a golden eagle are occasionally seen in secluded places.
- The Order of the Crown of Wurttemberg was founded in 1818, uniting the former Order of the Golden Eagle and an order of civil merit.
- The lammergeyer (Gypaetus barbatus), once common, is now extremely rare, even if it has not already become extinct in the Alps; but the golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) still holds its own.
- The wild cat may yet be found in the Highlands, and the polecat, ermine and pine marten still exist, the golden eagle and the white-tailed eagle haunt the wilder and more remote mountainous districts, while the other large birds of prey, like the osprey and kite, are becoming scarce.Advertisement
- The eagles comprise many species, but none to surpass the golden eagle of Europe.
- Various hawks and owls are common; the golden eagle nests on the mountain crags and the burrowing owl on the plains.
- With the marketing clout of Lockheed Martin behind it, the future of the Golden Eagle is sure to be bright.
- In fact last summer on our May trip there was only one day we didn't see a golden eagle.
- In May a young golden eagle whose nest was protected round-the-clock by volunteers became one of the victims when it was found poisoned.Advertisement
- And wildlife experts hit out earlier this month after the death by poisoning of a rare golden eagle in Royal Deeside was revealed.
- Keen-eyed Golden Eagle and Coyote patrol the area, while Black-billed magpies watch for leftovers.
- The most conspicuous of the many symbols and signs of his transgression was the golden eagle which he had placed over the great gate of the Temple; its destruction was the obvious means to adopt for the quickening and assertion of Jewish principles.
- Rigoletto will be starring a golden eagle called Isla with a seven-foot wingspan.