Gold-plates sentence example
- It is composed of figures of Christ, angels, prophets and saints, in Byzantine enamel run into gold plates.
- Both sexes wore many stamped gold plates sewn upon their clothes in lines or series.
- They were supplied with simpler weapons and adornments, but even so their clothes had hundreds of stamped gold plates and strips of various shapes sewn on to them.
- A heavier value is shown by the precious metals -- the gold plates from Khorsabad (18) giving 129, and the gold daric coinage (21, 35) of Persia 129.2.
- Sphinxes on glass plates have been found in graves at Camirus in Rhodes and on gold plates in Crimean graves.Advertisement
- His belongings, found piled up near the mine, seem to have included a combined bow-case and quiver and a sword sheath, each covered with plates of gold of Greek work, three swords with gold hafts, a hone with gold mounting, a whip, many other gold plates and a heap of arrow-heads.