Gold-medals sentence example
- He founded two gold medals for the encouragement of scientific research, one in the award of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, and the other in that of the Scottish Society of Arts.
- Congress thrice passed votes of thanks and ordered the presentation of commemorative gold medals.
- How many more such honours he might have attained it is impossible to say; but he was expected to win both the gold medals at the degree examination, had his career as a student not been cut short by an unprecedented event.
- Our expected rivals for gold medals were Leeds City, ironically including Thames second claimer Andy Beevers.
- A total of 52 gold medals have been handed out during the international expo this year.Advertisement
- His work has been shown widely including exhibitions at Faenza and Vallauris (awarded gold medals in 1974 and 1976 ).
- Last summer, he became the first swimmer to achieve six gold medals at the world swimming championships in Japan.
- No one thought we could come here and get six gold medals.
- Neil is a passionate plantsman and has several gold medals to his name including five consecutive Golds at Chelsea for his grasses.
- Abebe Bikila, of Ethiopia, won consecutive gold medals in the marathon in 1960 and 1964, first barefoot, then with shoes.Advertisement
- Thorpe won two gold medals but on a quite extraordinary evening, that seemed merely incidental.
- Last year she was also three gold medals in the under 17 age group.
- Marion Jones has won two gold medals in the 100m and 200m sprints and bronze in the long jump.
- Michael won Olympic gold medals in 1984 and 1992.
- At the Harvest Fair, this wine won sweepstakes white and constantly gets gold medals across the board.Advertisement
- According to their website, they've won 15 gold medals at competition and been awarded 14 best buys.
- In 1936, Jesse Owens made Dassler's name bigger by winning four Olympic gold medals with their shoes on his feet.