Gold-bearing sentence example
- The lodes occur in Silurian metamorphic micaceous schists, intruded by granite, porphyry and diorite, and traversed by numerous quartz reefs, some of which are gold-bearing.
- All these are wanting in the Pacific area, though there are indications in its gold-bearing gravels that it once possessed them.
- The gold-bearing gravels of East Siberia, especially those of the Lena and the Amur, are relatively more prolific than those of West Siberia.
- The principal gold-bearing reefs are found along the Witwatersrand (" The Rand ").
- The upper valley of the Maranon has undeveloped gold-bearing lodes.Advertisement
- Prominent among these are galena and iron pyrites, the former being almost invariably gold-bearing.
- The genesis of the last three types of deposit is generally assigned to the simultaneous percolation of solutions of gold and silica, the auriferous solution being formed during the disintegration of the gold-bearing metalliferous veins.
- In Karagwe certain quartzites, slates and schistose sandstones resemble the ancient gold-bearing rocks of South Africa.
- Further defaults followed and in 1888 another adjustment was made by the issue of 6% gold-bearing bonds.
- There are gold-bearing quartz reefs at Madibi, near Mafeking, where mining began in 1906.Advertisement
- Sapphire is widely distributed through the gold-bearing drifts of Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, but the blue colour of the Australian stones is usually dark, and it is notable that green tints are not infrequent.
- In its upper reaches it flows through a rich gold-bearing district to which it gives name, and nearer its mouth it traverses a vast tract of fine pastoral country.
- He was in charge of the Canadian government's Yukon expedition in 1887, and his name is permanently written in Dawson City, of gold-bearing fame.
- It must, therefore, have been somewhere south or east of Suez; and must be known to be a gold-bearing region.
- In the Wallega district are veins of gold-bearing quartz, mined to a certain extent.Advertisement