God-s-word sentence example
- Some see the guarantee, or at least the indication, of infallibility in the consensus of the Church (quod semper, ubique, et ab omnibus) expressed from time to time in general councils; others see it in the special grace conferred upon St Peter and his successors, the bishops of Rome, as heads of the Church; others again see it in the inspired Scriptures, God's Word.
- Sufficient reasons could be assigned for accepting the New Testament as God's word and Christ as the Christian's guide.
- In this he was in advance even of most Separatists, who held with Barrow 1 " that the Prince ought to compel all their subjects to the hearing of God's Word in the public exercises of the church."
- There was no modification of doctrine, for the general resolution that God's Word should be preached plainly and purely was not contrary to the teaching of the ante-Tridentine Church.
- And, thirdly, the sinner who cannot satisfy his conscience by these other methods is invited to open his grief to a minister of God's word.Advertisement
- He found religious people tithing, giving a tenth, in a precise legalistic way, yet being fundamentally disobedient to God's word.
- And then we have become subtly idolatrous, because we aspire to be lords over God's word.
- And biblical repentance is a total change of mind in line with God's word.
- All are intended for a single purpose - to help you to discover the infinite riches of God's Word for yourself.
- Both in his outward conduct and in his inward spiritual desires he was ruled by God's Word.Advertisement
- A real temptation today In every age, one of the great temptation today In every age, one of the great temptations for mankind is to embellish God's Word with human ideas.