Goalmouth sentence example
- In the last five minutes Dean Whittaker scored from a rebound in a goalmouth scramble.
- In fact the whole of the first half was pretty nondescript with goalmouth action at a premium.
- Despite all the pressure Swansea failed to snatch an equalizer even after a last-minute goalmouth scramble.
- agile to get across the goalmouth at a moments notice.
- TV replays showed that the ball took a wicked bounce over his kicking foot off as it hit the returfed goalmouth.Advertisement
- The only goalmouth action in the opening half-hour came from the Italians with 5 efforts at goal without City managing anything.
- Goals tend to come from unsightly goalmouth scrambles or weak headers under onrushing keepers.
- Six minutes later Wilde followed in his own cross to force the ball home through a goalmouth melee.
- rued yet another missed chance as Lynn somehow kept out a goalmouth scramble.
- Chances were sparse in a second half stalemate, with Barry unable to shake off the shackles despite forcing a couple of goalmouth scares.Advertisement
- Origin ' Route one ' - the long kick upfield followed by a goalmouth scramble is a common but widely derided footballing tactic.
- In injury time Hitchin rued yet another missed chance as Lynn somehow kept out a goalmouth scramble.