Goad sentence example
- For the first time since his boyhood he no longer felt the daily goad urging him to the daily toil.
- The fable of the centaurs, if the derivation from to goad, Taupos, bull, be accepted (but see Centaur), would indicate the early existence of pastoral peoples living on horseback, like the modern cowboys (cp. "cow-punchers") or gauchos of North and South America.
- Surprise them with football tickets, romantic nights on the town or just goad them into a cook-off challenge; they'll love it!
- pronged fork, the fiend's own goad for sending his own to their destiny.
- An ox goad was used by a farmer, or a farm laborer.Advertisement
- The ox was driven forward to the altar, on which grain was spread, by members of the family of the Kentriadae (from ithi rpov, a goad), on whom this duty devolved hereditarily.
- goad people of like minds into genocidal killings.
- It says that he used an ox goad to slay these 600 Philistines.
- The goad is an elephant goad, used to produce movement from inertia.
- ox goad was used by a farmer, or a farm laborer.Advertisement
- Napoleon was dissatisfied with these terms, and although he ultimately ratified the treaty, he sent General Lannes to Lisbon as his ambassador, instructing him to humiliate the Portuguese and if possible to goad them into a renewal of the war.
- goad plans are produced every year and this makes them particularly useful for tracing the recent development of town centers.
- The name has been derived (1) from (goad) and Tavpos (bull), implying a people who were primarily herdsmen, (2) from and the common termination -avpos or aiipa (" air ") spearmen."
- goad the dim animals to do their masters ' bidding.
- The effect of the speech was to goad the Sanhedrin into condemning Herod: Hyrcanus postponed their decision and persuaded him to flee.Advertisement