Glyn sentence example
- In 1810 the combined population of Llanelly, with its four subsidiary hamlets of Berwick, Glyn, Hencoed and Westowe, only amounted to 2972; in 1840 the inhabitants of the borough hamlet alone had risen to 4173.
- On the Welsh side something is given by the bards Iolo Goch and Lewis Glyn Cothi.
- In 1791 Alexander Falconbridge (formerly a surgeon on board slave ships) collected the surviving fugitives and laid out a new settlement (Granville's Town); and the promoters of the enterprise - Granville Sharp, William Wilberforce, Sir Richard Carr Glyn, &c. - hitherto known as the St George's Bay Company, obtained a charter of incorporation as the Sierra Leone Company, with Henry Thornton as chairman.
- This, post he held till 1862, when he became chief officer in the banking-house of Glyn, Mills & Co., in whose employ he remained until 1881.
- Reading a Glyn Maxwell poem is like eating caviar; reading a Glyn Maxwell verse novel is like eating a bucket of caviar.Advertisement
- Recorded memoirs of Glyn Williams, formerly South Wales.
- Finally the ever resourceful Glyn Giusti reported that he had entered a TD for the Peking to Paris event scheduled for 1982.
- I think Nikki is quite astute (bless her) whereas Glyn appears to me to be as thick as two short planks.
- Their producer at the time, Glyn Johns, was keen to carry on down the country rock style road they had been travelling up until now.