Gluttony sentence example
- St Augustine, in several passages, inveighs against those who thus by " gluttony and insobriety buried themselves over the buried," and " made themselves FIG.
- His gluttony and drunkenness were notorious, and he was an athlete of great prowess.
- If we may trust the evidence of Zosimus, from the end of the year 388 Theodosius resigned himself to gluttony and voluptuous living, from which he was only roused by the news that in the Western empire Arbogast had slain the young Emperor Valentinian and set up the grammarian Eugenius in his stead (May 15, 392).
- We had three main courses between the two of us, but this was pure gluttony.
- He saw man's lust, greed, gluttony, as in a vision, magnified, overwhelming, portentous.Advertisement
- The Fijians were formerly notorious for cannibalism, which may have had its origin in religion, but long before the first contact with Europeans had degenerated into gluttony.
- The success of Burgerheaven could only happen in an age when hope, naivety and easily satisfiable gluttony were in the ascendant.
- Gluttony and winebibbing are granted a plenary indulgence by all but the most ascetic at this festal time.
- The De Institutione Coenobiorum (twelve books) describes the dress, the food, the devotional exercises, the discipline and the special spiritual dangers of monastic life in the East (gluttony, unchastity, avarice, anger, gloom, apathy, vanity and pride).
- They are: Melvin Underbelly (gluttony), Oberon Greenhaze (sloth), Sir William the Black (lust), Goldo Golderson (greed), Jewel the Thieving Hero (envy), Kahn the Warrior (wrath), and Wizard (pride).Advertisement