Glossed-over sentence example
- In this philosophy the mystical properties of numbers are a leading feature; absurd and mechanical notions are glossed over with the sheen of sacramental mystery; myths are explained by pious fancies and fine-sounding pietistic reflections; miracles, even the most ridiculous, are believed in, and miracles are wrought.
- He preserved no written memorandum of its terms, and it was represented to him, according to his own deposition in 1633, solely by Cardinal Bellarmin's certificate, in which, for obvious reasons, it was glossed over rather than expressly recorded.
- Gentleman has rather glossed over what I actually said, which is that we will meet our Kyoto targets.
- Like all liberal critiques of capitalism, class exploitation is either rubbed out completely or quickly glossed over.
- Whether advice to veterinarians not employed by MAFF is for MAFF or for HSE to give was rather glossed over.Advertisement
- If you or your soon-to-be spouse come from a different nationality or culture, you may want to consider embracing traditions from that specific background that have long been glossed over by American trends.
- Although it's sometimes glossed over in college-prep publications and lectures, it can be just as important to feel comfortable at a school as it can be to find academic challenge or an affordable degree program.