Gloss over sentence example
- Deep emotion flowed across her expression, causing Jackson's eyes to gloss over.
- As a general rule the annalists wrote in a spirit of uncritical patriotism, which led them to minimize or gloss over such disasters as the conquest of Rome by Porsena and the compulsory payment of ransom to the Gauls, and to flatter the people by exaggerated accounts of Roman prowess, dressed up in fanciful language.
- The orthodoxy of Lucaris himself continued to be a matter of debate in the Eastern Church, even Dositheos, in view of the reputation of the great patriarch, thinking it expedient to gloss over his heterodoxy in the interests of the Church.
- At least half of the canons are derived from earlier constitutions, and probably not many of them are the actual productions of the compiler, whose aim was to gloss over the real nature of the Constitutions, and secure their incorporation with the Epistles of Clement in the New Testament of his day.
- Turn up the shine with a thin layer of clear lip gloss over lipstick or alone.Advertisement
- If using the black makeup for lipstick, use a clear gloss over it to keep your lips moist and glossy looking.
- Use a gloss over these red tones to make the lips look irresistable.
- For extra shine, after the color is rinsed from the hair, apply a gloss over the entire head to boost the shine even more.
- Books that gloss over common day activities such as trips to the grocery store with Mommy or types of transportation also hold practical value with a preschool-aged student.
- If you are tempted to withhold information or gloss over either your or the school's concerns, please don't do so.Advertisement