Gloomily sentence example
- He became gloomily religious, and in a new volume of poems he denounced all that he valued and enjoyed before his conversion.
- He came up to the porch gloomily, hanging his head.
- Denisov sat gloomily biting his mustache and listening to the conversation, evidently with no wish to take part in it.
- Only the man who had the next bed, a stout Uhlan, continued to sit on his bed, gloomily frowning and smoking a pipe, and little one-armed Tushin still listened, shaking his head disapprovingly.
- The tall lad hung his head gloomily.Advertisement
- The husband smiled gloomily, the wife gaily.
- He hadn't stopped glaring at me ever since I had first walked gloomily into the room half an hour ago.
- This event, and the prevalence of plague and cholera at Teheran, marked somewhat gloomily the new monarchs first year.
- And twisting the ramrod he looked gloomily at Pierre, who turned away and gazed into the darkness.
- He continued to pace the room, looking gloomily at Denisov and the girls and avoiding their eyes.Advertisement
- Pierre remained gloomily silent, answering in monosyllables and apparently immersed in his own thoughts.