Glided sentence example
- Removing his hat, he glided into the booth.
- She closed her eyes as they glided around the room, oblivious to the other dancers.
- "The number six and nine lifts service most of the double black diamond runs," Dean said to Fred with a smile as the old man glided to a wide stop.
- She captivated him as she glided across the stage.
- She blew him a kiss and glided back to the kitchen with her tray.Advertisement
- She glided over to Howie's side and grasped his hand while he maintained a nervous smile.
- He glided silently on one foot half across the room, and seeming not to notice the chairs was dashing straight at them, when suddenly, clinking his spurs and spreading out his legs, he stopped short on his heels, stood so a second, stamped on the spot clanking his spurs, whirled rapidly round, and, striking his left heel against his right, flew round again in a circle.
- They glided past snow-covered fields and occasional farmhouses, drifting smoke from their chimneys skyward and adding a hint of wood smoke to the crisp winter air.
- In the figure in which he had to choose two ladies, he whispered to Helene that he meant to choose Countess Potocka who, he thought, had gone out onto the veranda, and glided over the parquet to the door opening into the garden, where, seeing Balashev and the Emperor returning to the veranda, he stood still.
- Accordingly, the vessel was built so low in the water that the waves glided easily over its deck except at the middle, where was constructed a revolving turret 1 for the guns, and though the vessel's iron armour had a thickness of 1 in.Advertisement
- The first sign of the ground Dean spotted was a rain puddle reflecting the glow from the lights of the plane as the wheels touched the runway—one, two, three times before the tired aircraft glided to the taxiway.
- Though he sometimes glided lightly over difficulties, his work is of service in fixing the text of Tabari.
- On the death of Plotinus, as he gave up the ghost, a snake glided from under his bed into a hole in the wall."
- A Long-legged Buzzard flew over, and then two distant raptors glided across the valley.
- scuttled up the moonlight floor, Where and owl glided over the shadowy trees.Advertisement
- And he scuttled up the moonlight floor, Where and owl glided over the shadowy trees.
- The distress must have been apparent on his face, because Sarah stopped abruptly as she glided down the stairs to hear about his night.
- The first sign of the ground Dean spotted was a rain puddle reflecting the glow from the lights of the plane as the wheels touched the runwayâ€”one, two, three times before the tired aircraft glided to the taxiway.