Gliadin sentence example
- One of the main allergens in wheat is a protein called gliadin, which is found in gluten.
- Undigested gliadin actually damage the intestinal lining and create chronic intestinal malabsorption.
- When food containing gluten reaches the small intestine, the immune system begins to attack a substance called gliadin, which is found in the gluten.
- Wheat contains a protein called gliadin.
- Gluten is a large molecule made up of smaller proteins, namely glutenin and gliadin.Advertisement
- Gliadin, the offending component, is a special type of protein known as a prolamin.
- Gliadin contains a certain strand of amino acids in a particular sequence that, when ingested, triggers a reaction in individuals with celiac disease and related sensitivities.
- These proteins are structurally similar to gliadin, and will usually cause symptoms in celiac and gluten-sensitive patients.
- Gliadin antibody testing is often employed as a tool for diagnosing celiac disease.
- This is the case with celiac disease which produces antibodies specific to gliadin.Advertisement
- If your doctor suspects you may have celiac disease, he or she may suggest you undergo gliadin antibody testing.
- This is a simple blood test that checks for the presence of gliadin antibodies in your bloodstream.
- To ensure the accuracy of a gliadin antibody test, it must be carried out before you attempt a gluten free elimination diet.
- If your gliadin antibody test indicates your immune system views gluten as a foreign invader, your physician will probably recommend an intestinal biopsy as the next step in diagnosis.
- WebMD explains that only the results of your intestinal biopsy, together with the results of gliadin antibody testing, will provide a definitive diagnosis of celiac disease.Advertisement
- For example, gliadin is a component of wheat gluten and is also the primary trigger factor for celiac gluten intolerance.