Glenoid sentence example
- When the wing is folded the long glenoid surface of the head of the humerus is bordered above by the tuberculum externum or superius, in the middle and below by the tuberculum medium or inferius for the insertion of the coraco-brachialis posterior muscle.
- - The rodent skull is characterized by the great size of the premaxillae, which completely separate the nasals from the maxillae; by the presence of zygomatic arches; and by the wide unoccupied space existing between the incisors and the cheek-teeth; and (except in the Duplicidentata) by the antero-posteriorly elongated glenoid cavity for the articulation of the lower jaw.
- The glenoid surface for the articulation of the mandible is greatly extended transversely, concave from side to side, convex from before backwards in front, and hollow behind, and is bounded posteriorly at its inner part by a prominent post-glenoid process.
- At less than 90 degrees of abduction the deltoid muscle force creates a shear vector in the glenoid fossa.
- glenoid fossa.Advertisement
- glenoid cavity is wide and shallow, unlike the ball and socket joint in the hindlimb which is narrow and deep.
- glenoid component of the prosthesis becomes loose.
- Glenoid rim Up to half the patients with glenohumeral instability have an osseous avulsion of the glenoid rim Up to half the patients with glenohumeral instability have an osseous avulsion of the glenoid rim, a bony Bankart lesion.
- glenoid labrum would be the current recommended procedure rather than open surgery.
- glenoid socket.Advertisement
- Arthroscopic surgery for removal of loose bodies and of a torn glenoid labrum would be the current recommended procedure rather than open surgery.