Gleams sentence example
- This Moss (S. pennata) is so small that it would hardly be noticed by naked eye but for the iridescent gleams of beautiful color which it displays in suitable positions.
- Long, freshly highlighted hair practically gleams under the lights.
- Made of richly shined satin, it gleams in the innocence of its blush tone and features a beguiling twist at the vamp.
- Though part of the plumage in many sun-birds gleams with metallic lustre, they owe much of their beauty to feathers which are not lustrous, though almost as vivid,' and the most wonderful combination of the brightest colours - scarlet, purple, blue, green and yellow - is often seen in one and the same bird.
- As to what was going on beyond it, we have but a few casual gleams of light, just enough to make the darkness visible, from writers such as the author of the life of St Germanus, Prosper Tiro, Procopius, and Gregory of Tours.Advertisement
- A constant restlessness oppressed him; his sight gave way; his conversation became an extraordinary mixture of metaphors; and it was only at intervals that gleams of his former power broke out, especially when some old chord of association was struck in natural science or physical geography.