Glaser sentence example
- Glaser have done most for epigraphy, while Manzoni is to be remembered for his excellent geographical work.
- If it be possible to assign to some of the monuments discovered in Arabia by Glaser a date not later than 1500 B.C., the origin of the alphabet and its dissemination are carried back to a much earlier period than had hitherto been supposed.
- The ruins of the city of Ma'rib, the old Sabaean capital, have been visited by Arnaud, Halevy and Glaser, but call for further description, as Arnaud confined himself to a description of the dike (see below), while Halevy and Glaser were interested chiefly in the inscriptions.
- Glaser, who thinks that in the 9th and 8th centuries they moved down along the west coast to the south, where they conquered the Minaeans (see below).
- He is active with several charities, including the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and The Alliance for Children's Rights.Advertisement
- Glaser (1855-1908), who achieved more for science in Yemen than any traveller since Niebuhr.
- In the higher parts there are fine plains where Glaser found numerous Himyaritic remains, and which he considers were undoubtedly cultivated formerly, but they have long fallen out of cultivation owing to denudation and desiccation - the impoverishment of the country from these causes is increasing.
- From observations made at Sana by Manzoni, Defiers and Glaser, the mean temperature for the year of that city at an altitude of 7300 ft.
- Their importance was afterwards emphasized by Glaser's publication of two long inscriptions concerning their restoration in the 5th and 6th centuries A.D.
- Schlumberger in Constantinople; others have been brought to Europe by Glaser, and are now in the Vienna Museum.Advertisement