Glans sentence example
- The orifice of the urethra is about an inch below the glans clitoridis and is slightly puckered.
- The skin of the penis forms a fold which covers the glans and is known as the prepuce or foreskin; when this is drawn back a median fold, the frenuluni praeputii, is seen running to just below the meatus.
- The clitoris is the representative of the penis, and consists of two corpora cavernosa which posteriorly diverge to form the crura clitoridis, and are attached to the ischium; the organ is about an inch and a half long, and ends anteriorly in a rudimentary glans which is covered by the junction of the labia minora; this junction forms the prepuce of the clitoris.
- The anterior part of the penis is formed by the glans, a bell-shaped structure, apparently continuous with the corpus spongiosum, and having the conical ends of the corpora cavernosa fitted into depressions on its posterior surface.
- The structure of the corpus spongiosum and glans resembles that of the corpora cavernosa, but the trabeculae are finer and the network closer.Advertisement
- At first it lies in the substance of the bulb and, later, of the corpus spongiosum, while finally it passes through the glans.
- In the greater part of its course it is a transverse slit, but in traversing the glans it enlarges considerably to form the fossa navicularis, and here, in transverse section, it looks like an inverted T (1), then an inverted Y (A), and finally at its opening '-'uNtAT and Adolf (1806-1871), and his grandsons Johann Adolf and Oskar Philipp.
- A penis sheath is a supplement to the male body enclosing the glans and penis, leaving the scrotum uncovered.
- The sheath can be shaped to cover and adhere to the penis; it can be attached directly to the glans; or it can be fastened to the end of the foreskin.
- The foreskin of the penis safeguards the sensitivity of the glans and shields it from irritation by urine, feces, and foreign materials.Advertisement