Gladioli sentence example
- Plant out gladioli, if not done, tigridias and fine stocks.
- All plants that require staking, such as dahlias, roses, gladioli and many herbaceous plants, should now be looked to.
- Take up summer-flowering bulbs and tubers, such as dahlias, tuberoses, gladioli, cannas, caladiums, tigridias, and dry them off thoroughly, stowing them away afterwards in some place free from frost and moisture during the winter.
- In beds they can be supplemented as the season passes on by the intermixture of later blooming subjects, such as gladioli.
- Sections include chrysanthemums, dahlias, roses, gladioli, fuchsias, pot plants, floral art, vegetables and beginners.Advertisement
- Remove the faded flowers of gladioli and allow the foliage to die back fully before lifting the corms to store over the winter.
- Treatment similar to that recommended for the early Gladioli will suit them.
- Early-Flowering Kinds - During the past few years the early-flowering Gladioli have become popular on account of their great value for cutting.
- This remark applies only to bulbs established in the ground, for fresh bulbs are as tender as other Gladioli, and must be protected from frost.
- The European wild Gladioli are pretty plants for the mixed border.Advertisement
- March and April are the best months for planting Gladioli; they are then at their best during August and the early part of September.