Glades sentence example
- In a clearing in the forest glades we found a fine palace built of cut stone.
- It is scarcely refined enough in leaf for the flower garden, but is effective near the rougher approaches of a hardy fernery, in open glades near woodland walks, or in any like position.
- Robur than any other species, forming a thick trunk with spreading base and, when growing in glades or other open places, huge spreading boughs, less twisted and gnarled than those of the English oak, and covered with a whitish bark that gives a marked character to the tree.
- The pastures are everywhere luxuriant, and the wooded heights and winding glens, in which the tangled shrubbery is here and there broken up by open glades and flat meadows of green turf, exhibit a beauty of vegetation such as is hardly to be seen in any other district of Palestine.
- It is a well-wooded tract, in many places stretching out in charming glades like an English park, but it has a very sparse population and little cultivated land.Advertisement
- In the glades are bunch-grass and a variety of flowering plants; buttercups, daisies, forget-me-nots and other wild flowers may be found near melting snow-banks in August.
- The number of the uncivilized Indians, whose camps or villages are situated in open glades among the forests of the plateau region, is usually estimated at 30,000; but this would seem to be an exaggeration.
- Valleys and groves are under his protection, unless the epithets Napaeus and Hylates belong to a more primitive aspect of the god as supporting himself by the chase, and roaming the glades and forests in pursuit of prey.
- A path leads through grassy glades to the wetlands, which are the main feature of the Torbay Road site.
- The butterflies usually oviposit on nettles growing in smallish clumps in sunny woodland glades, or in the vicinity of hedgerows.Advertisement
- The area includes woodland and glades, perfect for spotting butterflies and moths which are attracted to the wild honeysuckle.
- Loves to fly in wooded glades where tall flowering thistles abound rests at night among the foliage of trees.
- The area was characterized by thickets of scrub and brambles, interspersed with open glades.
- Guests can explore the Montezuma Bowl while exploring the chutes, glades and runs that are found throughout this region.
- Most of the kinds are handsome, and well suited for the warm sheltered glades of gardens where hardy flowers and plants are grown in a natural and informal way.Advertisement
- In small glades with rich soil a bold effect might be produced by a good selection of Rhubarbs with Ferulas, Heracleums, Rhubarbs, Acanthuses, Yuccas, the common Artichoke, Gunnera scabra, and other vigorous hardy plants.