Giveth sentence example
- ` Blessed be God, who hath pity and nourisheth us from our infancy, who giveth food to all flesh.
- In an earlier passage, again in reference to the manna, Jesus is called " the bread of God, which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world."
- And yet He giveth not this grace, nor worketh not this work, in any soul that is unable thereto.
- Rejoice, thou who in thy piety giveth cheer to the faithful!
- He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.Advertisement
- There are quatrains in the Rubdiyat of Omar Khayyam and pessimistic verses in Ecclesiastes which might have been uttered by Aristippus ("Then commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing than to eat and to drink and to be merry; for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life which God giveth him under the sun").
- Thanksgiving, blessing and offering were co-ordinate terms. Hence the Talmudic rule, "A man shall not taste anything before blessing it" (Tosephta Berachoth, c. 4), and hence St Paul's words, "He that eateth, eateth unto the Lord, for he giveth God thanks" (Rom.