Gives-out sentence example
- Before you start to deteriorate and your body gives out on you?
- The oil when brought to the surface has the appearance of a whitish-blue water, which gives out brilliant straw-coloured rays, and emits a strong pungent odour.
- A closed stove acts mainly by convection; though when heated to a high temperature it gives out radiant heat.
- The first is flaccid and sluggish in its movements, and has not much power of contraction; its epipodial lobes are enormously developed and extend far forward along the body; it gives out when handled an abundance of purple liquid, which is derived from cutaneous glands situated on the under side of the free edge of the mantle.
- The cucujo or Cuban firefly (Pyrophorus noctilucus) gives out so strong a light that a few of them serve effectively as a lantern.Advertisement
- This process involves a decrease in the available energy of the system, for the dissolution of zinc gives out more energy than the separation of copper absorbs.
- The coral limestone of the atoll has a peculiar vitrified appearance and gives out a ringing sound when struck or simply walked on.
- A tin ingot is distinctly crystalline; hence the characteristic crackling noise, or "cry" of tin, which a bar of tin gives out when being bent.
- This excess is greatest in what is Gas known as cannel coal, the Lancashire kennel or candle coal, so named from the bright light it gives out when burning.
- When the flame is at a certain distance within the tube the air is set in vibration, and the sounding tube gives out its fundamental note continuously.Advertisement
- Just as the working substance which alternately takes in and gives out heat in the steam-engine is water (converted during a part of the action into steam), so in the air-engine it is air.
- With regard to the bacillary type, at first both organisms were considered to be identical, and the name bacillus dysenteriae was given to them; but later it was shown that these bacilli are different, both in regard to their cultural characteristics and also in that one (Shiga) gives out a soluble toxin, whilst the other has so far resisted all efforts to discover it.
- To motivate you, the game gives out trophies for achieving certain things like exercising with a friend or finishing the 30 Day Challenge correctly (which means you didn't skip a day and you completed all the required exercises).
- The contest requires a $55 entry fee and gives out only one cash prize, amounting to $10,000, for the first place winner.
- The contest gives out first through tenth place prizes for each of ten categories, and awards only one grand prize.Advertisement
- The competition also gives out certificates of accomplishment to the top 100 contestants in each of the ten categories.