Give-notice sentence example
- Their business was to supervise daily life, to warn the disorderly, and to give notice to the consistory of cases requiring discipline.
- But if the parents wish him to be taught in a private school they must give notice to the mayor of the commune of their intention and the school chosen.
- Before opening a private school the person proposing to do so must give notice to the mayor, prefect and academy rnspector, and forward his diplomas and other particulars to the latter official.
- The first act which has reference to the safety of passengers is the Regulation of Railways Act of 1842, which obliges every railway company to give notice to the Board of Trade of its intention to open the railway for passenger traffic, and places upon that public department the duty of inspecting the line before the opening of it takes place..
- Field spaniels are excellent shooting dogs, and are readily trained to give notice of the proximity of game.Advertisement
- Bergne reported on the 27th of July 1907 to Sir Edward Grey that " The permanent session had met in special session on the 25th of July, to consider the suggestion of His Britannic Majesty's government to the effect that, if Great Britain could be relieved from the obligation to enforce the penal provisions of the convention, they would be prepared not to give notice on the 1st of September next of their intention to withdraw on the 1st of September 1908 a notice which they would otherwise feel bound to give at the appointed time "; and he added that " At this meeting, a very general desire was expressed that, in these circumstances, arrangements should, if possible, be made which would permit Great Britain to remain a party to the Sugar Convention."
- Failing the certificate, the clergyman cannot refuse to bury, but he must forthwith give notice in writing to the registrar.
- The herd never feeds without having a sentinel posted on some prominence to give notice of the approach of danger; which is done by stamping on the ground with the forefeet, and uttering a shrill whistling note, thus putting the entire herd on the alert.
- Selfregistering voltmeters indicate at any moment the potential difference in every tank, and therefore give notice of short circuits occurring at any part of the installation.
- They must give notice of any infectious disease to the medical officer of health and to the poor-law relieving officer, and they must give free access for inspection.Advertisement
- Owners and drivers of public conveyances must not knowingly convey any person suffering from infectious disease, and if any person suffering from such a disease is conveyed in any public vehicle the owner or driver as soon as it comes to his knowledge must give notice to the medical officer.
- If the Purchaser shall not give notice within such period the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to have been accepted by the Purchaser.
- To hold a civil wedding or partnership in Bournemouth, couples must give notice of marriage or civil partnership to their local registrar's office.