Give-about sentence example
- The state forests give about one-ninth of the whole.
- There are two better data (2) of Epiphanius and Theodoret -- Attic medimnus = 3/2 baths, and saton (1/3 bath) = 1+3/8 modii; these give about 2240 and 2260 cub.
- It follows that for observations in which light is a consideration spectroscopes should be used which give about twice the resolving power of that actually required; we may then use a slit having a width of nearly eight times that of the normal one.
- The transformer working from a public supply should give about 6000 volts on open circuit, although when the electric flame is established the voltage on the platinums is only from 1600 to 2000.
- A line drawn eastward behind the treasure-houses, from the Prytaneum at the north-west angle, would give about 275 yds.Advertisement
- Dr Sundbarg's returns give about 28 millions as the number which left Europe by sea during the 19th century, of whom all but 4 millions emigrated during the last' half of that period.
- However it has become customary for people to give about 10 percent of their wages.