Gilder sentence example
- Friis, professor of Lapp in the university of Christiania, has published Lappiske Sprogprover: en samling Lapp. eventyr, ordsprog, og gilder (Christiania, 1856), and Lappisk mythologi eventyr og folkesagn (Christiania, 1871).
- (2) Pneumonic plague was observed and described in many of the old epidemics, and particularly by two medical men, Dr Gilder and Dr Whyte, in the outbreak in Kathiawar in 1816; but its precise significance was first recognized by Childe in Bombay.
- Ever since my poor old master prevented her from marrying that tipsy blackguard -- " " Stop, " said Gilder very sternly.
- I also met Mr. Richard Watson Gilder and Mr. Edmund Clarence Stedman.
- He was educated at Bellevue Seminary, an institution conducted by his father, the Rev. William Henry Gilder (1812-1864), in Flushing, Long Island.Advertisement